Table of Contents
What is ball transfer table
The ball transfer table is a special conveyor plate. Because there are many ball transfer rollers on it at a certain desity. And these ball transfer units not only have bearing capacity, but also can roll flexiblely. Therefore, objects such as work boards and material bins can slide very flexibly. Therefore it greatly reduces the labor intensity of workers. According to different load requirements, it can set the distribution density of the ball transfer rollers arbitrarily. Of course, it can also choose ball rollers with different carrying capacity. There are light duty and heavy duty ball transfer tables.
Due to the flexible and diverse structure, ball transfer conveyor is used in many occasions, such as transportation, transition, turning, etc. Ball conveyor is suitable for conveying items with flat and smooth bottom surface, for example pallets. But it is not suitable for the transportation of uneven bottom surface (for instance ordinary turnover box) and soft bottom (such as cloth parcels).
How do ball transfer units work? or how does ball conveyor work?
The basic conveying principle of ball transfer unit is unpowered conveying by using ball motion. Therefore, the object can move at will on the ball. Below is the structure of a ball transfer roller.
Firstly, the outermost part is the outer casing. And the shell is nested with transfer ball. Then, the transfer ball makes point contact with the small balls. The small balls are nested in the upper part of the lifting blocks. Finally, the lifting blocks is connected with the inner wall of the bottom of the housing through the springs below.
When conveying items, the transfer balls are under pressure. At the same time, the lifting block presses the springs to compress. So the transfer ball is retracted into the housing. But the ball can still ensure the normal rotation of the ball. After the object passes, the transfer ball returns to its original position due to the reaction force of the spring.
Specification of ball roller conveyor
Material of ball transfer roller: carbon steel (galvanized), bearing steel (galvanized), SS304 stainless steel, SS404 stainless steel, nylon;
Countertop: made of steel plate bending or channel steel;
Legs: steel pipe or square tube. In addtion, painting the frame surface.
The load-bearing capacity of each ball transfer unit: different specifications, different load-bearing, ranging from 2KG to 1200KG.
For example, Before, we customized several ball transfer conveyor for a customer. The specification is L1400*W1400*H700mm. The following are the relevant specifications:
1. Bracket part: adopt 50*50*2T iron square through welding;
2. Table plate: made of T4mm iron plate. Further, welded reinforcing ribs at the bottom. Firnally, add SS201 stainless steel on the surface;
3. ball transfer rollers: flat-bottomed ball transfer unit with screw rod, and spacing is 100*100mm;
4. The height of ball transfer table is adjustable from 700~1000mm;
5. The surface of the iron parts needs painting, and the color is computer gray;
6. Processing quantity: 5 sets;
Advantages of ball transfer plates
1. It can adjust the load-bearing size and arrangement density as required. Moreover, the performance of ball conveyor is stable and the structure is simple.
2. The ball transfer table is easy to install (just fix the ball transfer units on the table). Further, the transmission is flexible and the maintenance is simple.
3. It greatly improves the transportation efficiency, because it reduce the labor force, and there will be no problems such as fatigue operation. Therefore, ball roller conveyor has brought great benefits to the transportation industry.
4. There are two types of ball conveyors for choice, namely light duty and heavy duty ball transfer conveyors. So it can be suitable for different load occasions. The light duty ball conveyor table is mainly suitable for ordinary conveying lines with large area, low load, and no requirements.
5. Highly sealed design, and easy to clean at the same time.
How to select a right ball transfer conveyor
1. Material selection:
There are several materisls, such as carbon steel, bearing steel, stainless steel, and plastic nylon. The carbon steel ball conveyor is suitable for common requirement, and the price is cheap. Generally, it is galvanized. The bearing steel ball transfer plates are applicable in the occasions with precision, high flexibility, low noise and high application requirements. In comparison, stainless steel is used in humid working environments and logistics conveyor lines in the food & medical industry. Finally, Nylon ball transfer tables are mainly suitable for transportation of glass, ceramics, plastics, and other occasions that are fragile and prone to scratches.
Common electroplating processes include the following, such as chrome plating, nickel plating, and zinc plating. It can not only improve the appearance of the ball transfer rollers, but also improve its wear resistance.
2. Load-bearing of ball roller conveyor:
The static load of ball transfer rollers is usually from 30-250KG/pc. So there are two kinds of ball transfer conveyors for choice. One is heavy duty ball transfer table. And another is light duty ball conveyor. If your application is for low load, you can choose the light duty ball transfer table. This ball conveyor table is usually made through a stamping process. On the contrary, choose the heavy duty ball transfer conveyor. It’s usually manufactured by CNC precision lathe processing.
In addition, the load-bearing capacity of the ball conveyor is also related to the arrangement density of the ball transfer units. We can set the distribution density of the ball transfer rollers according to different load-bearing requirements. In order to ensure that the load surface remains on the ball transfer rollers without slipping, the distance between each ball transfer unit should be the minimum side length of the load surface divided by 2.5.
How are ball transfer rollers manufactured
Firstly, it is the selection of materials.
A good material is the first step in determining the quality of ball transfer rollers and ball transfer table. But many manufacturers use low-priced A3 steel or Q235 low-carbon steel for production. This kind of material has several characteristics, such as low price, low strength and easy to process. But our factory uses the high quality 40Cr steel. Of course, its price cost is higher. At the same time, the corresponding mechanical parameters are much higher. In addition, because it belongs to the chrome steel series, the high-strength elements will make the processing more difficult.
Second, the processing technology
Good processing technology determines the quality of the ball transfer units. The main production methods are stamping and CNC precision lathe finishing. After processing, it must check the appearance. And then it begin to undertake the next process—plating. In order to make it wear-resistant and corrosion-resistant, we need electroplating. Common types of electroplating are as follows, such as chrome plating, nickel plating, and zinc plating. After finish electroplating, we will check the electroplating pass rate. Immediately afterwards, it will assemble the ball transfer rollers. As we all know, the working principle of a ball transfer table and roller is the big ball rolling along with the small balls. The material of small balls is high-hardness bearing steel. So the service life and flexibility is better.
After finish assembly, it will check the mechanical parameters and flexibility of the ball transfer rollers. Determine whether the friction coefficient is lower than 0.05. If it is lower than 0.05, it is qualified. On the contrary, if it is higher than 0.05, then it is not qualified.
Finally, after finish inspection, we will do anti-rust treatment on the ball.
How are the ball transfer table manufactured
- 1. Common installation methods of ball transfer units are as follows, such as self-tapping screws, rivets, bolts, drilling and pressing, DIN417 circlips, nuts and welding.
Firstly，”self tapping screw” and “rivet” fit for light duty flanged type.
And then, “bolt” fits for heavy duty flanged type.
On the other hand, “drilling and pressing” fits for none flange type.
Then the “DIN471 circlip” fits for none flange type with small sizes.
And “nut” fits for bolt type;
Finally, “welding” fits for carbon steel casing type.
2. After determin the installation method, distribute the ball transfer roller 3 evenly on the plate 1. On the ball transfer table conveyor, the distance between the balls is determined according to the load-bearing.
3. Immediately afterwards, make the 4pcs of support legs. And then install the legs 2 onto four corners of plate 1.
4. Finally, install 4 universal wheels with brakes on the legs. Then the ball transfer table conveyor is produced.
FAQ of ball roller conveyor
Q1: What’s the material of ball transfer table conveyor?
A1: About the ball transfer units, there are several materials for choice, such as zinc steel, stainless steel, nylon, etc. And about the top plate of ball transfer conveyor, it can choose the wooden plate, panited steel plate and stainless steel plate, etc. Of course, other materials required are available.